Saturday, November 29, 2008

Help, I'm in a funk



I don't know if it's the holidays, talk of money and life, or what, but I am not myself. My wife can tell, my kids can hear it, and I am finally starting to feel it. I hate it when I get like this. I am not sure what causes it, but it happens from time to time. I know that this is not the way that I am created to be, but sometimes you just go thru it. I want to shake this funk, bad.

If you read my profile or spent about 10 minutes with me you will know that I am intensely passionate about life in general. Whether its my wife, my kids, my God, my church, my work, my worship, my mission, my response is almost always passionate. This also means that I feel my "funk" with passion. This is probably my least favorite emotion of all of them. I always feel as though I am robbing God and all those around me because I am not sharing the joy that I was created to share. It is just my prayer that I can find a way to learn thru this and share with others.

I would love to hear from you about your "funk" or whatever it is that you call yours. Maybe something you have experienced can help me and vice versa.

4 comments:

GB Hoyt said...

you need more chinposin'
good start.
But seriously,
it happens. i am too, but I've had sickness, and procrastination doggin' me all week.

natalienichols said...

Let's see....this evening was a big funk for all in our household. Started with the wrong kind of lettuce after the cook had been hard at work for 4 or 5 hours and devolved from there. Let's just say my helpful suggestion that we could get a pizza and get the right lettuce for dinner tomorrow night didn't help. Anger is so flippin' contagious. I then turned it on my son, who turned it back on me. My daughter joined in the fun later, my other son missed his activity, and my baby was an emotional wreck. All because of iceberg!!!! Next time, I'm stickin' to romaine...or spring mix....or getting takeout.

Chad said...

nice to know were not alone in the battle with the "funk." think we'll get out of it soon? i'm praying that we will.

Mrs. Kerr said...

Chad, I don't have much to add other than that I hope you de-funk soon! :) When I start feeling down like that, I try to turn to the Psalms David wrote. Hang in there ... and remember David was a passionate guy, too. He also had his times of funk, and yet God still considered him to be a man after His own heart ... just like you! :)

THE VINE