Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'M A SLACKER!!!

So I'm sitting in my office and writing this during the time that we generally have our small group meeting. My wife walked in about 15 minutes ago and asked what time people were supposed to be here. I told here about 30 minutes ago. She then asked me if I emailed people like I said I was going to do. I responded to her that I forgot to do that. Well guess what, no one showed up because I didn't send the email.

So to all my small group, I apologize deeply. Our family has had a crazy couple of weeks with a grandmother that has just had a partial hip replacement, me with a different work schedule, kids soccer games, meetings about The Vine, etc. So to everyone that was depending on me to do what I said I would do and did not do, I AM A SLACKER!! I ask for your forgiveness, and promise that I will try to be better about my communication in the future.

(I thought that I should share this to inform everyone of one of my major shortcomings, and also because I thought it was kinda funny. It also really says something about how much people rely on technology, but it does no good if we (I mean "I") don't use it!)

For my small group: Below is the video that we were going to watch together tonight. Enjoy it and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Remember that because of who God is we have an endless number of reasons to be thankful this day and everyday yet to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Slacker.
Matt and I just got through reading your tale of "woe", our tears of disappointment in you, are still fresh on our cheeks.

We don't know which is worse, you forgetting, or the fact that Matt & I actually remembered! That in itself was most likely the cause of your black-hole of forgetfullness! --- the universe must be out of balance for US to remember!
Hmmmmm....I am curious, by any chance did "Slacker-Chad" remember to tell "Non-slacker-Montine" that Matt called to say that due to illness we would not be able to attend????

Well, love covers all offenses, so we shall let this slide.....but if you decide to visit "Slackerville" again, please know that the consequences may not be as forgiving!
Love you guys! :) Matt & Matina

THE VINE